A casting call is open for Room 5064’s next production – Stop Pretending – which will be traveling from Manchester to Edinburgh this summer.
About the Play:
It’s 1964 and brilliant young writer Dennis Potter (future author of Pennies From Heaven and The Singing Detective) becomes entangled in the life of a troubled young woman when they meet in the waiting room of a London hospital. Both possess terrible secrets. And both must face their terrifying consequences. This dark new play is both a tribute to the genius of much-loved playwright Dennis Potter and a testament to the remarkable power of the human imagination.
Stop Pretending is Written by Mark Griffiths, Produced by Gareth Kavanagh and Directed by Ross Kelly, the team behind We Apologise For The Inconvenience.
- Male. 20s, tall, red-haired, intense. West Country/Forest of Dean accent.
- Female. 20s, working-class Cockney and RP both required.
You must be available for rehearsals in early Summer, Manchester performance dates (22nd-24th July) and Edinburgh performance dates (14th-24th August). Payment is on a profit share basis, but travel and accommodation for Edinburgh will be provided.
Auditions will be in a central Manchester location in April.
Please send headshots, CV’s and/or showreels to email@example.com
About Room 5064:
Room 5064 Productions are a Manchester-based collective bringing you events, productions and publications. Recent works have included:
- We Apologise for the Inconvenience, chronicling Douglas Adams’ struggle with procrastination,
- Sitcom Stories, showcasing some of the behind-the-scenes stories of Britain’s best-known sitcoms
- Virtuoso, the tragic tale of one of Manchester’s finest pianists, John Ogdon.